Saturday, July 14, 2012

Thing #21

TWITTER... I am a little embarrassed to say this, but the only thing I could think of when hearing the word twitter was: KIM KARDASHIAN. So many times I heard, "Kim Kardashian said on her twitter..." this or that. My thought was always: "What a waste of time!"follow her on twitter? I don't think so! Of course I never really knew what twitter was about. My husband had made an account for us a long long time ago. I remember him saying: " Five people are following us" Scary thing! Following us? Still, I didn't take the time to investigate the stalking. So I created my account and posted a simple "hello" message. I kept thinking that this is a good tool to stay connected with other educators and authors. I found Eric Carle and I was super excited! I love Eric Carle and all of his work, and so he was the first person I searched for. I am very excited about spending more time on twitter and seeing if anyone will follow me, and of course, following other educators and interesting people. I really like the stories (or news) I saw on twitter, which I didn't expect to find. I also liked how you can search categories such as sports, art, books, etc. 
I could definitely see how teachers can use twitter as part of their teaching. Students could follow each other and follow their teacher for updates on homework or so on. Also as I searched through the categories, I found Science, Government, and Technology. I think high school students could be asked to follow science or government twitter accounts to stay on top of what's going on in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment