Monday, July 16, 2012

Thing #20

I REALLY, REALLY, think google docs is a great tool. I have heard many teachers say: "I sent it through google docs" or my principal say "you can find the letter on google docs." Now I see how it's used and how it works. I created a document I saved in my computer at work, but that still needs work. I needed to have a document in which I could inform my parents the reading level their child was currently in, so I created a simple "your child is reading at level __________" and "By this time, your child should be in level _________."
I can see how this tool would be great to share documents with other teachers. So many times I would email other teachers in my campus or in other schools documents I created, but now the process will be much easier. With each tool, I think of a million things I could do with it if I taught older students. I really want to figure out ways in which to accommodate some of these tools for my kindergarten class, so I am thinking about contacting other teachers who might have used them already. For now, I was thinking about uploading the documents saved to my computer and sharing them with my teammate. Also, I was thinking about sharing some documents (calendars, newsletter, etc) with parents. If anyone knows any ways in which to use this tool with my kindergarten class, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment