Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thing #17

I have to be honest and say: I've listened to one podcast my whole life, and it was for an assignment. I remember as if it was yesterday... My teacher, from Spain, told us we had to listen to a 45 minute podcast and were going to be tested on it. I remember sitting there falling asleep, (I couldn't understand the type of Spanish they were speaking) bored out of my mind. Surprisingly, I made a 90 :)
Anyways, I told myself that I would never listen to another podcast! 
I have to say THANK YOU to this course for engaging me back into the world of podcasting! I logged into Itunes and clicked on podcasts. Then, I began choosing the type of podcasts I wanted to listen to. First, I picked Kids and Family and right away was drawn to "The Mighty Mommy's Quick and Dirty Tips for Practical Parenting." (http://quickanddirtytips.com/) Of course, being the mother to 2 babies, I am always up for learning tips on better parenting. I wasn't able to listen to all the podcasts, but I did listen to How to Enjoy Summer Vacation Without Losing Your Mind. I thought this podcast was interesting because it talks about having expectations for your children. (Who would of ever thought about this! Their future teachers I am sure will appreciate it! )
Another podcast I enjoyed was "How Stuff Works" http://www.howstuffworks.com/ This is such an interesting and fun podcast! They have stuff such as How Lightning Works, Is the Dead Sea dead? I only listened to the first 20 minutes of How Lightning Works Because it was 40 minutes long, but I am definitely hooked! I know my husband is going to follow my podcast addiction as well because he is always trying to figure out these type of questions :)
The last podcast I listened to was http://storynory.com/  Storynory is an education website where you can listen to different stories read. I think I am going to use this podcast in my listen center, and of course continue to research more educational websites to use in my classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment