Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thing #19

The first thing I did was listen to What is VoiceThread Anyway? As soon as the video started playing, I thought about the very first video I watched for the class that explained the 7 1/2 Habits of Effective Lifelong Learners. As I watched the video, I kept thinking "This is very cool, I wonder how they made it?" I figured we would eventually see it again :) What I really like about VoiceThread is how you have the option of sharing through audio, images, text or videos. Also, I like that I can use powerpoints. As I watched the clip, I really liked the part where people comment of a child's drawing. Being a kindergarten teacher, I always think "I can't use that with my class!" But I have learned that there are many ways to adjust to your grade level. I was thinking I could (Towards the last six weeks)   engage my students in a VoiceThread. My idea is to take a picture of one of our favorite books and have my students give their opinion about the book. I think that would be a great way to start a discussion and introduce my students to this awesome tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment