Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thing #18



Ok so I am definitely a youtube fan. Anything and everything I need to know, I look it up on youtube. I remember when I was crazy about bows for my daughter I looked up "How to make bows." Also, when I have a question about photoshop I look up "How to make black and white" or "How to make my blurry picture better." I basically look up EVERYTHING. I remember one day watching back to back episodes of Gray's Anatomy (my husband was not happy :) )
For this Thing, I looked up a couple of videos on "Writer's workshop" and "Making Words in Kindergarten." I really enjoyed watching different teachers share their ideas and way of doing things, because it taught me that everyone does things different and there is nothing wrong with that. I don't think that I could teach exactly like another teacher, but it is nice to get a few ideas from them. Another video I watched was: "How to fix pictures with photoshop." I love to watch these type of videos because I absolutely love photography, and my goal is to learn photoshop. I would love to take pictures of my family and fix them up nicely!
I would recommend both Youtube and Teachertube to teachers. Before this course, I didn't even know Teachertube existed, but I really liked the classroom management videos. I also simply typed "SCIENCE" and many videos came up explaining different concepts of science. This is the kind of website teachers need to know about!
The video I decided to post is RED. This video was sent to us during anti-bullying week and I fell in love with it. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment