Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Thing #16

I found Library Thing to be very fascinating. It reminded me of Goodreads which is a site I had to sign up for while taking New Jersey Writing this summer. I haven't really been able to play around with Goodreads but from the time I did spend exploring it, I have to say that Library Thing reminded me of it. I really liked how you can type an author's name (I typed Mem fox and Eric Carle) and find reviews and summaries of their books. I think this website is useful because many times I have come across books that are not age appropriate, and with this site, you can see the reviews and summaries before introducing it to your class. I could see how this website could be addicting after a while! I clicked on Zeitgeist and found top authors, books, most reviewed books etc. Then, I clicked on Groups and found an interesting discussion group on religion. I am not one to argue religion, but I have friends who would love to get into the conversations. Also, I liked the 75 book challenge. I would LOVE to have the time to read 75 books this year! But with two babies, getting my master's degree and getting ready for next year, I will be lucky to read 5. This is definitely a website I would recommend to librarians and  book lovers!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, as a librarian, this is one of my favorite "Things." Hopefully, I will see you on the Goodread's site!!!

    ReplyDelete