Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thing #1

Thing #1

The most challenging habit for me is habit 7 1/2. I wish I could find the time to play around with different programs and technology, but it seems impossible. I am a mother of two babies and finishing up my master's degree, and I just can't find time for anything else. I am sure playing around with technology is the best way for me to learn, but I truly feel that I am living on what seems to be an 8 hour day.

The easiest habit for me is viewing problems as challenges. I have more than enough blessings in my life to view every obstacle that comes my way as a challenge. I have learned not to panic when a problems arises, because as my uncle says, "Can you solve the problem? Great! and if you can't, why worry? there is nothing you can do about it." 

The most important habit for me is to have confidence in myself as a competent, effective learner. At times, I get frustrated because I am not a pro when it comes to technology. I don't use the best programs, I don't always incorporate technology into my lessons, and I don't have the time to take staff development after school. What I realized today is that nobody is born a professional. It takes time to learn and even if it's a slow process, the important thing is to get there, not how long it takes. 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome aboard the 23 Things!!!! I am looking forward to getting to know you better through your Blog. I hope you are ready to have some FUN with each Thing.

    ReplyDelete